Is THC-P Stronger Than Delta 9?
THC-P (tetrahydrocannabiphorol) is getting a lot of hype right now, as hemp enthusiasts are finding that the cannabinoid offers one of the most dazzling highs of any cannabinoid in the hemp plant. The THCP high is certainly unique, so let’s compare it to one of the more commonly known psychoactive cannabinoids: delta 9, one of THC-P’s THC analogs.
How Potent is THCP?
There are many types of THC cannabinoids in the hemp plant, including delta 8, delta 9, THCP, THC-O, THCV, THC-H, etc. In terms of THCP versus d9, THCP is undoubtedly the more potent cannabinoid. To be more precise, THC-P is about 33x as intoxicating as delta 9 THC, and that’s quite a significant difference that users should consider when deciding how much THC-P to take as a single dose.
THC-P gets its potency superpowers from its relationship to the endocannabinoid system (ECS). This system consists of cannabinoid receptors located throughout the body, and it’s the CB1 receptors in the brain that use cannabinoids to trigger a psychoactive response – in other words, produce a high. THC-P binds to these receptors at 33x the rate of delta 9, which is why tetrahydrocannabiphorol’s effects are so incredibly strong.
What this means is that those who are new to THCP should always follow the directions on the product’s label, which offer dosing directions that are ideal for beginners to the cannabinoid. While consuming a lot of THC-P isn’t ultimately harmful to the body in a serious way, getting too high can cause uneasiness that gets in the way of your ability to enjoy the uplifting, euphoric nature of the cannabinoid.
THCP vs. Delta 8
Delta 8 THC is another intoxicating hemp derivative, and analog of THCP. THCP is much stronger than delta 8, because delta 8 is only 70% as intoxicating as delta 9 THC. Milligram for milligram, THCP is going to get you way more high, so keep that in mind if you’re moving onto THCP after having been a delta 8 user.
Top THC-P FAQS
Is THCP Stronger Than Delta 9?
Basically, yes. THCP is much stronger than delta 9 THC – 33 times stronger, give or take. This means that the high is far more potent, which is why you want to go with a relatively low dosage amount as a beginner, even if you have a good tolerance to delta9’s effects.
How Long Does it Take for THCP to Kick in?
That’s a great question, and it depends on a few factors. One is how much you’ve taken, as the more THCP you take, the faster the cannabinoid’s effects will kick in. Another is your body’s unique means for absorbing cannabinoids, since for some people, the high just naturally kicks in sooner than it does for others. The strain also matters, since some strains allow THCP to absorb more quickly. The main factor that determines the onset time of THCP’s high, however, is which of the different THCP products you’re taking. You can buy THCP in the product types below, and each one will offer its own onset time according to how it absorbs into the body.
- Vapes: Vapes generally kick in within about 5-20 minutes, depending on the strain and dosage amount. This is because the lung tissue is extremely absorbent, allowing the cannabinoid to enter the bloodstream quickly.
- Dabs/Concentrates/Distillate: All of these types of highly concentrated THCP products kick in within 2-10 minutes when dabbed (vaporized at a high temperature in a dabbing device), as their extremely high potency means that the cannabinoid absorbs fast. Keep in mind that these products offer the most powerful effects as well.
- Edibles: Edibles can take up to 2 hours before you start feeling the effects of THCP. That’s because it takes a while for the cannabinoid to get processed by the digestive system, before the liver releases it into the bloodstream.
- Tinctures: Tinctures usually take 45-60 minutes, give or take, to kick in, if you’ve taken the product sublingually (below the tongue), which is standard.
- Flower: THCP flower, when smoked or vaporized, takes about 5-20 minutes to become active.
Learn about other THC-P products.
Is THCP Stronger Than Delta 8?
Yes, THCP is significantly stronger than delta 8 THC. Again, because delta 8 is 30% less psychoactive than delta 9, and THCP is 33 times as psychoactive as delta 9, there’s a big difference when it comes to how high you’ll get.
Is THCP Stronger Than THCO?
THCP is stronger than THCO. THCO is 3 times as psychoactive as delta 9 THC, and THCP is 33 times as psychoactive.
Is THCP Stronger Than THCV?
THCV is the mildest cannabinoid we know of in terms of how high it gets the user. It’s significantly less potent than delta 9 THC. So, naturally, THCP is incredibly more potent than THCV.