All You Need To Know About THC-P
THC-P (tetrahydrocannabiphorol) is a newly discovered, naturally occurring hemp-derived cannabinoid that offers the strongest high of all cannabinoids that we know of thus far. THC-P effects include a powerful euphoric sensation along with a sense of ease throughout the body, and studies are underway to give us even more insight into what this cannabinoid can offer to us, both mentally and physically. Delta 9 and THCP are often compared to one another, because THC-P seems to basically behave like d9, with THCP being about 33 times stronger due to its ability to bind to cannabinoid receptors at a far higher rate. There are lots of types of THC-P products to explore, each one providing a gratifying high in its own way. Learn more about how THC-P is made.
TYPES OF THC-P PRODUCTS TO TRY
To produce THC-P products, a distillate is made from the raw hemp plant material, creating a pure, potent extract consisting of almost 100% tetrahydrocannabiphorol. From there, the THC-P distillate can be added to all kinds of formulas to produce different types of THC-P products. Here are the most popular types of THC-P products that are available.
- THC-P Vape Carts: THC-P vape carts, aka vape cartridges, are small, 510-threaded cartridges that arrive containing a formula consisting solely of THC-P distillate and extracted terpenes, in different strains. These cartridges attach to standard hemp vape pen devices, and give you a highly bioavailable experience that introduces effects quickly and potently.
- THC-P Disposable Vape Pens: THC-P disposable vape pens act as a maintenance-free alternative to vape carts. Their effects and formulas are the same, only they arrive in an all-in-one vaping system with a battery and cartridge permanently attached, with no need to ever charge the battery at any time. When the vape oil runs out, the entire device is disposed of. Disposable THC-P products are great for those who are new to vaping.
- THC-P Flower: THC-P flower is raw hemp flower (CBD flower) infused with THC-P distillate, so that you can enjoy the full spectrum of the hemp plant in its raw and natural form along with a nice dose of psychoactive tetrahydrocannabiphorol. THC-P flower comes in many different strains, and you can try it in loose bud form or as a pre-roll.
- THC-P Dabs (Concentrates): THC-P dabs, aka concentrates, give you the most potent THC-P effects because these products are concentrated by nature, with examples including crumble, shatter and wax. They’re “dabbed,” aka flash-vaporized at high temperatures using a dabbing device.
- THC-P Distillate: THC-P distillate, aka THC-P isolate, is the purified, terpene-free extract of THCP, which is either dabbed or added to an existing product to enhance its potency.
- THC-P Tinctures: THC-P tinctures are bottled oils consisting of THC-P distillate along with a carrier oil. They’re administered below the tongue, so that they can absorb through the sublingual tissue, activating in around 30-60 minutes with effects lasting for 4-6 hours.
- THC-P Edibles: Gummies and other THC-P edibles come in different milligram strengths (potency levels) and give you a high that can last for up to 8 hours.
Learn more about what THC-P products there are.
Top THC-P FAQS
What is THC-P?
THC-P, aka tetrahydrocannabiphorol, is the most potent cannabinoid in the hemp plant. This trace cannabinoid binds to cannabinoid receptors 33 times more effectively. It was discovered in 2019, and also is being studied for its many promising properties.
How Potent is THC-P?
In terms of its psychoactive properties, THC-P is the most intoxicating cannabinoid in all of cannabis – at least that we know of, so far. What this means is that beginners should go easy, because its powerful high can surprise you.
Is THCP Stronger Than Delta 9?
THC-P is about 33 times as intoxicating as delta 9 THC. On top of that, its high is considered to be heavily euphoric.
Where is THCP Legal?
THC-P is federally legal, as it complies with the 2018 Farm Bill which declared all hemp derivatives lawful as long as they contain a maximum of 0.3% delta 9 THC. But, some states have banned psychoactive hemp derivatives:
- New York
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
What this means is that if you live in one of the states above, it is illegal to ship THC-P products to your home. If you do not live in one of these states, it’s perfectly legal for you to enjoy the THC-P products available on the market.